Skip to content

Special Access Permits

Special Access Permits

Updated 12 January 2021 12:38pm

You may need a key when accessing some parts of our regional parks, and to get one you need to apply for a Special Access Permit. You may need one of these keys if you’re riding your horse, using one of our 4WD tracks, or are a contractor doing work in a park.

Great news – these can now be applied for online! As usual, please apply well in advance of when you need the key, to allow for processing time.

This online process is done using MyGW, which is our new platform for applying for permits.

Just click the button below, set up your MyGW account, and apply for your Special Access Permit.

(Not accessible on Internet Explorer)

On MyGW you create a personal account and use it when you apply for any permits that you need from us. Once you’ve applied for the first time, it’s simple to reapply when they expire, because all the information you need is already there. Applying made easy!

From there, you’ll get an email letting you know the application has been received, and within three working days you’ll be contacted via email to let you know if your application has been approved and when you can come and collect your key.  Easy as that!