Rule 9 Minor diversion of water from an intermittently flowing stream
The diversion of less that 1.5 m/sec of fresh water from any intermittently flowing river or stream including any associated:
(1) has a catchment area above the diversion of not more than:
(2) is located more than 50 metres from a property boundary; and
(3) does not reduce the ability of the stream to convey flood flows or debris carried by floods
is a permitted activity, provided that it complies with the conditions specified below.
(1) No contaminants (including but not limited to oil, petrol, diesel, paint, or solvent) shall be released to water from equipment being used for the construction of the diversion and no refuelling of equipment shall take place on any area of stream bed.
(2) All material used to construct the diversion but which is not part of any diversion structure shall be removed from the river or stream bed and disposed of in an appropriate manner.
(3) All reasonable steps shall be taken to minimise the release of sediment to water during construction.
(4) The diversion shall be maintained so that there is no accumulation of debris.