Rule 83 Motor vehicles, motocycles, trailers and land yachts on beaches
Within the following areas:
the driving or riding or parking of any motor vehicle, motorcycle, trailer, or land yacht for any purpose is a Discretionary Activity (restricted), provided that this Rule shall not apply to:
(1) any motor vehicle moving to or from the edge of the water for the purpose of launching a vessel, or removing a vessel from the water, and that vehicle moves across the foreshore to or from the nearest formed access by the shortest practicable route;
(2) any motor vehicle or tractor used in association with surf lifesaving or rescue activities;
(3) any motor vehicle used for litter removal or dog control;
(4) any motor vehicle used for beach grooming or re-contouring, clearance of piped stormwater outfalls, maintenance of lawful structures, or other activities permitted by this Plan;
(5) any motor vehicle or motorcycle driven by an enforcement officer when undertaking their duties;
(6) any vehicles directly associated with the horse races allowed by Rule 79; or
(7) for Titahi Bay, any motor vehicle, trailer or tractor owned, leased or operated by a registered boatshed owner in the Porirua City Council’s Titahi Bay Boatshed Owners Register.
The matters over which the Wellington Regional Council shall exercise its discretion are:
(1) the duration of the consent; and
(2) the timing, duration, speed and route of travel of the motor vehicle, motorcycle, trailer, or land yacht on the foreshore; and
(3) the information and monitoring requirements; and
(4) the administrative charges payable.