Rule 79 Special events - horse races
The holding of horse races on Castlepoint Beach and Paraparaumu Beach for up to 2 days in any 12 month period is a Permitted Activity, provided that the activity complies with the conditions specified below.
(1) The public are notified about the proposed activity and any associated restrictions on use of the area at least 7 days prior to the activity commencing.
(2) There is consultation with the territorial authority which administers the adjacent land area.
(3) Provisions are made to protect public safety.
(4) Sufficient toilet facilities are provided.
(5) Any rubbish or other material resulting from the activity is removed from the foreshore within 48 hours of the completion of the activity.