Rule 45 Cables
The construction, laying, or erection of any cable, in, on, under, or over any river or lake bed which:
(1) is not a permitted activity; and
(2) disturbs less than 20 cubic metres of sand, shingle, gravel, or other natural river or lake bed material;
is a controlled activity, provided that it complies with the standards and terms specified below.
(1) No contaminants (including but not limited to oil, petrol, diesel, paint, or solvent) shall be released to water from equipment being used for the operation, and no refuelling of equipment shall take place on any area of river or lake bed.
(2) Any excess material from the construction operation, shall be removed from the river or lake bed and disposed of in an appropriate manner.
(3) In any part of the river or lake bed covered by water in any water body identified in Policy 4.2.14 (Appendix 4 - Water bodies with important trout habitat (click here for a pdf Important Trout Habitat (146k))), the activity shall not take place between 31 May and 31 August.
(1) The consent holder shall notify either the Manager, Consents Management, Wellington, or the Manager, Planning and Resources, Wairarapa, at least two working days before any work commences.
(2) A charge, set in accordance with section 36(2) of the Act, shall be paid to the Wellington Regional Council for carrying out its functions in relation to the administration, monitoring, and supervision of the activity, and for carrying out its functions under section 35 (duty to gather information, monitor and keep records) of the Act.
The matters over which the Wellington Regional Council shall exercise its control are:
(1) the duration of the consent; and
(2) the taking and supplying of samples; and
(3) the carrying out of measurements, samples, analyses, surveys, investigations, or inspections; and
(4) the provision of information to the consent authority at specified times; and
(5) compliance with monitoring, sampling and analysis conditions at the consent holder's expense; and
(6) the payment of administration charges; and
(7) any measures necessary to avoid, remedy, or mitigate any adverse effects caused by the disturbance to, or deposition on, any river or lake bed; and
(8) any measures to avoid, remedy, or mitigate any adverse effects on habitats and species.
(9)the minimum depth beneath the bed of the river below which the pipe is buried [; and
(10)the maintenance of structures.]
In Rule 46, clause (10) of the matters over which control shall be exercised was inserted by Decisions on Plan change 1 to the Regional Freshwater Plan December 2002