Rule 1 Roading and Tracking
Any roading or tracking activity that is:
(1) located in Area 1 and, during any 12 month period, will result in a road or track having a continuous length of new upslope batter extending for greater than 200 metres, with a height of greater than 1.5 metres measured vertically; or
(2) located in Area 2 and, during any 12 month period, will result in a road or track having a continuous length of new upslope batter extending for greater than 200 metres, with a height of greater than 2 metres measured vertically;
excluding anyroading or tracking activitythat is undertaken in accordance with conditions on a subdivision consent
is a Restricted Discretionary Activity.
The matters over which the Wellington Regional Council has restricted the exercise of its discretion are:
(1) The duration of the consent;
(2) The carrying out of measurements, samples, analyses, surveys, investigations, or inspection;
(3) The provision of information to the consent authority at specified times;
(4) Compliance with monitoring, sampling and analysis conditions at the consent holder's expense;
(5) The payment of administration charges;
(6) The methods of sediment retention and sediment run-off control to be adopted;
(7) Any measures necessary to rehabilitate the land following the completion of the activity;
(8) The effects of the activity on soil conservation and water quality including any measures necessary to avoid, remedy or mitigate those adverse effects;
(9) Any steps to be taken to ensure the minimisation of vegetation, soil, slash or any other debris entering any water body;
(10) Any steps to be taken to avoid, remedy or mitigate the effects of the activity on slope stability;
(11) The effects of the activity on tangata whenua values.
Applications for resource consent under Rule 1 will be considered without notification or the need to obtain written approval of affected persons in accordance with section 94 of the Act except where the consent authority considers that there are special circumstances which justify notification or the obtaining of written approval from affected persons.
The terms "roading and tracking" "Area 1" and "Area 2" are defined in the Interpretation in section 3 of the Plan. Subdivision consents are issued by city and district councils.